Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, My Love

I am hoping that someday you will read this, my love... after all, this is my valentine gift to you! It has become too easy to be complacent in our relationship. Between your job, coaching, two young children, my part time jobs, starting a new business, keeping up with our friends, family, laundry, dishes......the list goes on and on... it seems like it has become increasingly difficult to spend time with the most important person in my life: YOU!

It hurts me to think that you are probably surprised to hear that you are the most important person in my life... but I assure you, you are! You are my rock, even when times are difficult, I have never questioned your steadfastness.

I feel like in the past few weeks I have felt God's love for me on a deeper level than I ever have before. It has made me very aware of my iniquities within our marriage. Although I will never be able to love you the way God loves you and I, I can promise to do my best to demonstrate the truest, most genuine love for you. After all, I have the best teacher...God!

That is why I have chosen to give this gift to you---this challenge from others who have completed "The Love Dare" before me. I commit to take this very seriously- in fact, I already have prayer warriors lined up to be praying for us as I take this journey. I love you, dear Valentine, and look forward to where this journey will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment